Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement monitor

posted by Peter44 | 2 years ago
Is it possible to obtain a replacement smart meter monitor and who would I contact regarding this?
12 comments

posted by Davc | 2 years ago
Re: Replacement monitor

A new IHD would  need to be paired to your system. You are probably having the very common blank screen software fault which will be fixed soon.

posted by Peter44 | 2 years ago
Thanks for the reply.

posted by bill_gj | A year ago

We migrated from British Gas months ago. We had a smart meter fitted by British Gas shortly before joining Scottish Power but shortly after the migration the monitor stopped working properly.

How do we get a replacement?

posted by Davc | A year ago

@bill_gj   Your BG Display is designed to work with the BG meter, it should still work after the transfer and a new SP Display would not necessarily work.    It could be that software updates from SP to the BG meterhave stopped it working, a lot of SP Displays have had similar problems.  Your best action is to leave it a few weeks to see if your Display recovers.  The Display is not needed for the meters to transmit correctly to SP.

posted by 1945chik | A year ago
Re: Replacement smart meter monitor

Hi 

Can I get a rplacement smart meter monitor which is no working.

posted by bill_gj | A year ago

" The Display is not needed for the meters to transmit correctly to SP."   Then, why do you ask us to supply meter readings?

If you cant access our 'Smart Meter' something is obviously not working and the response I had for my question is invalid.

posted by Davc | A year ago

@bill_gj   Hi again,  your BG smart meters cannot be read by SP so you have to send meter readings. Your display is not involved, the meter itself (the big thing attached to the wall) does all the communication.  It is well known that if you have a smart meter installed more than a few years ago, it will stop transmitting if you change energy supplier.    You will have to put up with this situation until the first generation (smets1) meters are converted so that any supplier can read them.  This will take at least a year but you may be one of the lucky ones in the first batch of conversions. 

The new generation of smart meters (Smets2) do not have this problem. 

posted by Ware | 2 months ago

Monitor Display on Smart meter not worked for a year.  How do you get hold of someone at Scottish Power to do sometihing about it? Seems like a faceless entity!

posted by JaxS101 | A month ago

I had a smart meter installed by my previous supplier but when they installed it the monitor was faulty and so they said they would return to install the in home device. Then lockdown happened and no one has ever come back. I cannot read my meters and the whole point of a smart meter is lost to be honest. I have contacted SP and SMS neither of whom have been able to get me an IHD for more than a year!

can anyone help with this