Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMETS2 Upgrade date?

posted by JulianF | 3 months ago

It isnt easy contacting Scottish Power....

I have been forced to renew with Scottish Power as I like having a Smart Meter to avoid estimated bills and my meter still has not been updated to SMETS2.

Can someone at Scottish Power please provide a date for this upgrade, it is clearly not acceptable to have a Smart Meter that is not capable of being read by any supplier?

Thanks,

Julian

4 comments

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: SMETS2 Upgrade date?

https://www.smartdcc.co.uk/about/

This link describes the roll out of the DCC database that is used when smets1 meters are upgraded. It promises this will happen by the end of 2020, but the programme is delayed, as often happens with very large computer projects. 

posted by Jonnel | 3 months ago
I don't have a smart meter and I haven't had an estimated bill for years. In all the time smart meters have been available I still haven't been able to fathom out any benefits from having one at all... apart from the 3 and a half minutes it would save me once a month when I read and enter readings onto the website... but then, I get the opportunity to monitor my usage that way, and ensure correct readings are taken. In fact, from reading the horror stories that pop up on here, there seems to be more to NOT having one than there is in getting one...

So I'm going to continue to reap the benefits of NOT having a smart meter.

posted by Susan_O | A month ago

Unfortunately, Scottish Power (or Amey on their behalf) installed SMETS2 at my home in March 2019. Early July and i still have NO READINGS on either meter and the monitor thinks its 2017.

My deal is coming to an end and i can't switch as i have no readings to give to a new company. Last night SP said it was Amey dealing with it, but Amey said that they are not authorised by SP to talk to customers. I have been promised a call by next Friday, but they have promised this in the past and no one called. 

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Susan_O   Hello, Your meters are probably recording, if they have a keypad press 9, if they have different keys experiment until a reading appears on the screen.