Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ScottishPower smart meter complaints

posted by mat | 12 months ago
I had a smart meter installed on the 15th April 19, only to be informed that the area I live in has no signal, so the meter is actually useless. No problem I thought, I’ll just continue leaving meter readings online...13 weeks later SP have still not updated their system with the new smart meter details!? After literally hundreds of calls and promised calls backs, complaints raised then closed by SP I am still no further on...have finally raised this with the Ombudsman, so let’s see if they can help...I won’t even start with the fact I’m still waiting on my Extra Energy credit!? If it was possible to rate SP with a minus 10 score, I would!!
5 comments
Highlighted

posted by rosemaryann | 9 months ago
Re: ScottishPower smart meter complaints

I agreed to have a smar meter installed and arranged a date. I kept getting phone calls and messages from both Scottish Powewrad the installers reminding me of the date . Then it was cancelled through lack of fitters.But Scottish Power still kept telling me the meter was being  installed, Then the installers rang and cancelled the rearranged appointment as al the fitters were having a training day(something you mght think they would have known about!) Scottish Power is srill reminding me about the cancelled  date!. Something is badly wrong in the communicatin between  Scottish Power and the installers

.I am seriously thinking of cancelling altogether!

Highlighted

posted by tonysandland | 7 months ago

I have requested the movement of the new gas meter that you have fitted in an unsafe position to be moved. I have spoken on the phone to S-Power, Ami and northern gas supply regaring this on many,many occasions now, you have sent inspectors to take photographs etc.etc. and still the meter has not been moved. Can you please explain this ???

yours Sincerely

anthony Sandland . acc number 16015194572

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@tonysandland   Hi Tony, we are all customers on here, SP do not react to any comments. Send your complaint to customer services. 0800 027 0072

Highlighted

posted by charly | A month ago

Hi I joined Scottish Power on the 26 DEC 19. I was approached by a member of staff at my local shopping centred and asked to switch as I was having so many issues with my current provider BG I decided due to the information provided to sign up. I was promised a new generation 2 smart meter to be fitted in Jan 20 this never happened . I was promised my gas boiler would be serviced this never happened.I was promised an electric point for a new cat at a cost of £99 it turned out to be £399.00. I telephoned on 2 ocassions and was prmised that when in the area I would receive a new smart meter no call received and I still have no new meter. I was contact by  email in May asking for meter readings and due to my disabilty had to get someone to come in a read the meters whcih are on the floor. I now have a bill over £500.00 to pay. I am no better off than I was with my previous provider and once again have a large bill . I am aware of the issues currently ongoing with COVID however this postion started long before COVID started. I received n email following my last chat advising I would be contacted I am still waiting. 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@charly   Sorry to hear that.  Never buy anything from cold callers, through the phone or in person.  They will stretch the truth to get their commission.   If you are again getting big bills as you did with BG it tells you that you are really using a lot of fuel. To get accurate bills you need to send readings at least 6 times a year, sorry if that is difficult for you but if your friend understands they will not mind helping you.  You can take the boiler insurance option with SP online.  But Many people find it is cheaper to use a local gas servicing company instead of one of the online fuel company services.