Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seem to waiting for ever for change over!

posted by Littleann | 2 weeks ago
I have applied to scottish power to change my supplier to them. I received account login details, a welcome pack in the post, set up dd details and was given a proposal date for total switch on the 30th November.
Getting really twitchy now as can't get through to any one to see if its all going OK, as phone is always busy for 45 mins plus..... Have since seen bad reviews about customer service, and when I check the tracker on the app its not moved from phase 1!!!!!! Due to change in 4 days time and nothing!!!!! Help.
14 comments
Highlighted

posted by Imogen08 | 2 weeks ago
Re: Seem to waiting for ever for change over!
I’m the same, change over is due on the 29th, I have submitted meter readings twice yet when I log in it still looks like there outstanding 🙈

posted by charlotte808 | 2 weeks ago

I have the same! I made it yesterday, and today when I checked my account again was info about  meter reading, so I did it again and nothing changed.

How long we have to wait for that? How many times we should give them that meter reading? :/ I wanted ask them on chat,  it's available on app, but i can't do nothing because of that reading :/ so ennoying

posted by Davc | 2 weeks ago

@charlotte808   To start a new account tell customer services your meter readings 0800 027 0072

posted by dansky | 2 weeks ago

I am actually stuck switching from one Scottish Power tariff to another one. 

First sign of warning was that instead of "dual fuel" my new account with them has been saying "Gas only", but I figured they'd get around setting that up properly.

It seems like I would need to give my gas meter readings to progress things online but I am getting an error message when I try to do that via the app. Trying to access my new account instead of the old just doesn't work via the webpage.

It's been almost 4 weeks they have started the switch. It seems impossible to talk to anyone over the phone or the chat, the latter just going entirely ignored.

I am quite tempted to just launch a new switch process with another supplier but I am worried about involving an extra party in this mess before it is sorted.

@dansky   Switching a tariff does not involve setting up a new account. You need to discuss why this went wrong. Ring customer service 0800 027 0072

Thanks for the advice, I have been trying that number with no luck. I guess I have no choice but to keep trying.

Maybe I'll choose the "cancel your account" option, that might forward me to an actual human more swiftly. Smiley Wink

@dansky   Everyone says the phone number is always busy, try early in the morning  around 8am

Cheers.

It is quite ridiculous, by the way, how their online chat goes entirely ignored by the support staff.

@dansky   By the way this community forum is not the online chat..The chat is reached by clicking Complaints at the foot of the page and a new Chat window opens.  Cheers