Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Export Guarantee

posted by andye | 8 months ago

When will Scottish Power give details about this scheme?

8 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: Smart Export Guarantee

A quick internet search gave me the Energy Saving Trust who say if legislation is passed into law the scheme will start Jan 2020 and all suppliers are obliged to offer it.  It seems to be necessary to have a smart electricity meter in order to join the scheme  

https://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/about-us/news/smart-export-guarantee-–-lifeline-solar-industry

Highlighted

posted by andye | 8 months ago

That was in June, I would have thought the power companies would have realeased details of schemes by now.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

@andye   Hi, It is ironic that lasy year we told people not to have the smart/solar combination, so many were being charged for their self generation because it was registering as an input.  Now you can only get paid if you do have a smart meter, so I hope the installers have learned  how to do the connection so it registers as an output from the house instead of as an input.  We have no idea in the Community what SP's plans are for a date or tariff level, I expect they will leave it till December before thay say anything, and follow the lead of other suppliers.

Highlighted

posted by  Gordon | 5 months ago

Hi @andye, you can find details of our Smart Export Guarantee rates and how to apply at www.scottishpower.co.uk/seg

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

@Gordon   Thanks for that but why not put a link on the opening SP web page?  I could not find any reference to Smart Export via the website.   A lot of people have solar these days and they need to know about the Export system.

Highlighted

posted by andye | 5 months ago

I have applied for this, but some advertising on the website would be helpful. 

Highlighted

posted by andye | Yesterday

The SEG scheme with Scottish Power is a shambles, they never reply to emails and do not let you know what is happening with the application.

Highlighted

posted by Davc | Yesterday

@andye  That is annoying, but there are so many things not working at SP now it is not surprising.  Of course you ae losing money by not being paid for supplies to the grid, I hope it gets sorted out soon for you.. SP seem to respond well to Facebook messages and to emails to

contactus@scottishpower.com