Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Gas Meter not Working and Display Unit Blank

posted by jamkea | 3 years ago

I had a smart meter fitted and seem to be having constant problems they have estimated my bill and the charge is 77% more gas and 25% more electricity than for this time of year, I am getting conficting views each time I call them, my gas meter display has been blank since it was fitted so how can I check if the gas meter is the saame as the monitor.  I wish I had never had the smart meter I have never had a problem with my bills before.  I changed supplier as they offered a better deal they have now increased my monthly payments twice and am now paying more than I was with my last supplier.  I am not at all happy.

5 comments
Highlighted

posted by victorroubanov | 2 months ago
Re: Smart Gas Meter not Working and Display Unit Blank

Gas meter is blank

Highlighted

posted by victorroubanov | 2 months ago
Highlighted

posted by DavyBoy | A week ago
I got an estimated bill last week and noticed they could not make contact with my smart meter. I checked outside and my gas meter display was blank. I've contacted Scottish Power and await a reply.
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@DavyBoy    A quick look through here will tell you smart gas meters always have blank screens. You need to press a button to make it show  a reading. If it has a number pad press 9. 

Highlighted

posted by DavyBoy | A week ago
Meter outside doesn't have any buttons latest bill said it couldn't connect with my meter so I reckon it's faulty in some way and requires an engineer