Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Meter IHD issues - Unable to switch between gas & electricity

posted by peterplastic | 3 years ago

Smart meter playing up. Have lost the time on top right of screen, and unable to switch from electicity to gas usage.

8 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by  Gordon | 3 years ago
Re: Smart meter issues - Unable to switch between gas & electricity

Hi @peterplastic, welcome to the Community. My name is Gordon and I am one of the Community Managers here on the Community. I'm really sorry you haven't received a reply yet, as we built the Community for our members to have discussions with each other we don't want to look too keen and jump in on a post too early. Although as the Community is only a few weeks old and we only have a few hundred members on this occasion you haven't received a reply and I will be more than happy to help! 

So if I understand correctly you are trying to push this button MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png on your Smart Meter In Home Display (IHD) and it is not switching between the view for Electricity to Gas, and also you have lost the time in the top right hand corner. What we would recommend you do in this scenario is to try resetting your In Home Display by pressing the on/off button on the back of the unit for 10 seconds and if possible try to move the unit closer to where your electricity meter is located. Once the IHD is in position, please turn the unit back on and this should restore the connectivity. It will usually take around 30 minutes for all of the information to be displayed again. Can you have a go at doing this and let me know how you get on? I will keep an eye out for your reply.

posted by ledzep10 | 3 years ago
Re: Smart Meter IHD issues - Unable to switch between gas & electricity
The IHD I was supplied with is not the easiest to decipher, not like the ones displayed on tv adverts - is there a different one that could be provided?
Highlighted

posted by  Eilidh | 3 years ago

hi @ledzep10,  could you share an image of the IHD you have?  This will help me determine if we'd be able to provide a different one to the one you have Smiley Happy

Highlighted

posted by ledzep10 | 3 years ago

B422C32E-3852-49F7-A2C9-9F8048828B20.jpeg

Highlighted

posted by paul | 3 years ago

I checked out this thread because I was unable to switch between fuels on my IHD so I followed Gordons advice with my IHD perched on top of my gas meter when I turned it back on. Connected straight away now all is good. cheers

Highlighted

posted by Gareaton | 6 months ago
Smart meter installed 2 hour ago and only showing gas usage. Unable to switch to electricity
Highlighted

posted by Andyw58 | 6 months ago

My IHD not displaying anything and wont reset. When using the app it does not send the credit to the meter. Cannot enter utrn on meters. Please help.

Highlighted

posted by magstagg | A month ago
Exactly the same happened to mine. Noticed it mid pandemic. Tried resetting to no avail. Just trying again now as there’s little point having a smart meter if it doesn’t work!!