Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by TheDisconnector | A year ago
Re: Smart Meter IHD messages

I see the messages too in the IHD.  It will store a maximum of 4 messages but I just leave them now.

Is it really get so bothered about these messages?  Throwing unit in the bin?  Really some people need to chill out at bit.

posted by V-B | A year ago

I have the same problem that other users are complaining about, the only difference is mine seems to stick at 4 messages.  Still very annoying and as others have mentioned, I'm likely to miss any messages that actually need to be read.  Hopefully someone from Scottish Power will read this thread and come up with a solution.

Cheers,

Rob

posted by Andria800 | 12 months ago
Same here, welcome messages constantly coming through. I’d say it’s a fault in the smart meters altogether by reading all the comments. Not just a one off

posted by Paulm | 3 weeks ago
The issue is with the electricity meter not the IHD. The message is on the meter itself and it broadcasts it to the IHD which is why it keeps returning no matter how many times you delete it in the IHD. It needs to be deleted from the meter and we need the manufacturer to tell us how to do that please!

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago

@Paulm    It seems to start to say The benefit, but what comes after that?    Can you post the full message on here?

posted by Paulm | 2 weeks ago
It says “Welcome To The Benefits Of Smart Metering”

posted by DavC1 | A week ago

@Paulm    Thanks for the reply, your installer has left your meter in a demonstration mode and not set it up correctly, he needs to come back and do the job correctly.