Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Meter IHD messages

posted by Kev_H | 10 months ago
I had my smart meter installed a few weeks ago. On the first day I received a message on my display ‘Welcome to the benefits of smart metering’. No problem, deleted the message and thought nothing of it. However I’m receiving the same message at least 10 times per day, every day since installation. Very annoying having to continually delete this message. Is there anything I can do to stop my display receiving messages? Not exactly ideal as there may be a message that I actually need but I don’t see any alternative .
21 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 10 months ago
Re: Smart Meter IHD messages

@Kev_H 

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/pdf/smart-meters/SMETS2_PAYG_IHD_Guide.pdf

This is the user guide for the new version of the IHD. If your display is working and showing consumption information I suppose you have to put up with those messages, nobody else has reported seeing them though.  It might be that your display is still in setup mode and was not installed correctly, you can check this by seeing if usage is showing correctly. If there is no data or only demo data you cannot do the setup yourself it has to be done by the installer.  The display does not send out any data to SP and if it is not working you can unplug it and put it away. 

Highlighted

posted by Kev_H | 9 months ago
Thanks for the reply. Everything appears to be working as expected with the display, showing current consumption etc. I guess, as you say, I’ll just have to ignore the messages. Will end up with a few hundred unread messages in no time so hopefully the IHD never receives a message I actually have to read!
Highlighted

posted by DebbieG | 9 months ago

I get the same message notification since installation of smart meter... constantly having to delete but they appear again and don't actually tell me anything ... drives me crazy!!!!!

Highlighted

posted by DebbieG | 9 months ago
I get the same message notification since installation of smart meter... constantly having to delete but they appear again and don't actually tell me anything ... drives me crazy!!!!!
Highlighted

posted by Mickj | 9 months ago

Me too, I've only had it installed 3 days and I must have had 20 messages.

Highlighted

posted by TrishC82 | 9 months ago

And me, since install on Feb 12th.  IHD readings match meter and are updating the online account daily as per my settings.

Annoying, spent first couple of weeks powering it off and on, and trying varying combinations of reading, not reading, deleting or not.  Nothing works we seem to get about 4/5 a day.

Highlighted

posted by johnts | 4 months ago

had my meter installed less than week ago the same inundated with messages if it dont sop im ripping it out

Highlighted

posted by JFG | 4 months ago

I agree. All the same Welcome message.
They are so painful to delete one at a time.
If the don't stop soon the annoyance they cause will out weigh any advantage from having the IHD so it will be confined to the same drawer as my old mobile phones. 

Highlighted

posted by johnts | 4 months ago

it gasnt stopped repeating messages the unit went away with the bin men yesterday