Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Meter IHD not configured

posted by StewardJames | 8 months ago
I had a smart meter installed over a year ago and despite raising a number of complaints it is only half working. It now submits data correctly to Scottish power however the In Home Display (IHD) is not paired with the meter and is in some kind of demo mode. I've tried to find instructions for how to pair the display with the meter but can't find anything - can anyone advise on how to do this?
5 comments

posted by Davc | 8 months ago
Re: Smart Meter IHD not configured

IHD instructions are on this link

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/pdf/smart-meters/Smart-energy-display-user-guide.pdf

posted by StewardJames | 8 months ago
Hi Davc,

Thanks for the instructions however they don't seem to include how to pair them IHD with the meter (our installer didn't do it) and told us to contact SP for instructions.

Any advice on how to pair the IHD with the meter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

I think it is to do with buttons on the electricity meter, but it is better to get the installer back to finish the job they should have done for you. There are too many rushed and incomplete installations and the installers need to be held responsible. 

posted by KatieSimmons10 | 4 months ago

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and my IHD is just in demo mode I cant see any option to pair it or set anything up.

Did you find out what needed doing? Did I need to get the engineer back?

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

Hi Katy, customers cannot do the pairing, yes you need the engineer back.