Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 11 months ago
Re: Smart Meter Not Working

@12APower   There is nothing you can do, it is a very common situation to lose contact with the Display unit, the meters do not need the display unit so they are probably still transmitting correctly.

posted by Declan | 10 months ago

Smart meter or meter isn't sending readings. Not contacted by Scottish power to tell me this. No bill generated for 4 months. However the app shows usage in June as just under £3000! Nearly had a heart attack when I logged on.

The app or meters or smart meter is crap

posted by John_45 | 10 months ago
I reported similar experience on here yesterday. Have had several readings over £1000.00. Explained as new company reading meters, but not good enough. Even if assured it will settle down and resolve itself. At present cannot rely on anything the so app reports.

posted by Robertpegler | 9 months ago

We have a smart meter for electricity fitted by first utility but when we switched to Scottish power it has not worked so I can't give a reading.I am still waiting for Scottish power to contact me about fitting a new one.I know I have been paying too much for my electricity and just want it sorted

posted by TheLogans | 3 months ago

We had our Smart Meters connected in Oct 2019. And Gas Meter never worked from Day 1. At the time we were told SMETS2 meters were not commissioned and was asked to wait until April 2020. And then the COVID-19 Lockdown happened. 

The estimates are way overboard and we are not getting any help from the customer care.

Did this get sorted for anyone?

posted by scotty2124 | 3 months ago
Nope none of my meters work both have blank screens and Iam sick to death of talking to them knuckle scrappers from the planet Zorg customer care I think there incompetence diagnosis is no point what so ever talking to them. what ever your problem is thay fly over it or drive round it fill you full of S. H. I. T. and fob you off . Engineers booked 3 times now and the day b4 u get a text there not comeing and to re book, and still thay keep demanding a reading.. So I've told them Iam not paying an estimated bill nore there made up ones so balls in there court now Iam not paying nore am I ringing them again thay make my S. H. I. T. ITCH . BET YOU WISHED YOU NEVER ASKED NOW sorry I get so angry with them

So how do we keep a check on things thort that's what these meters was all about not to keep you in the dark to get ripped off

Best get urself a pillow them ur gonna be waiting a long time with these thief's