Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Meter Unit not working

posted by ian01286 | 3 years ago

Hi

I've had my smart meter now for over 6 months but last few days it just isn't doing anything just shows a load of dashes on the monitor. I've tried the reset also left it off for a few days but still nothing it's giving me all the readings when i check online just the box itself doesnt work anybody got any ideas Thanks Dave

5 comments

posted by Davc | 3 years ago
Re: Smart Meter Unit not working

Hi Ian..Your IHD has stopped getting readings recently?   Have you moved it further away from the meters, the radio range is quite short. Or have you put another appliance like a tv/radio next to it?  If it worked previously there should be a reason for it to lose its connection.  

posted by ian01286 | 3 years ago

Hi no not moved it even tried it next to the meter all night nothing.Cant understand hoe im geating the readings online but the unit isnt doing anything 

posted by ian01286 | 2 years ago
8 months on and I'm still in the same boat🙈

posted by Naomi | 2 days ago

I have no readings on my meter or my monitor in the living room. I read  that some systems are now obsolete and am pretty annoyed that you have not contacted affected customers and arranged to correct their systems. Can you tell me when this will be rectified as I use my monitor to closely watch my electricity usage being a pensioner on a fixed income I very much this I formation.

posted by DavC1 | 2 days ago

@Naomi   SP don't read these messages so you need to ask customer services about your meter.  0800 027 0072