Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Meter installation no show

posted by pompomllama | 4 years ago
I’ve had my Smart meter installation booked for 2-4pm today with Lowri Beck. I’ve had loads of reminders by email and text and then no-one turns up! There is no contact number and have tried to call Scottish Power to be told the phone back is between 1.5-2.5hrs!! This is not good enough
How do I rebook and get compensation?
15 comments

posted by Lilypup12 | 4 years ago
Re: Smart Meter installation no show
3 times now l have wasted 4 hrs of an afternoon waiting for a smart meter to be installed my mother has Alzheimer's and the meter is for her she gets very upset and confused l think this service is shocking no phone call or text to say they are not coming outrageous.

posted by jsmart | 4 years ago
Fully sympathise our smart meter was installed and a month later the power went off. It took two engineers to find that the initial installation was faulty due to the main power cable not being secure - it was arching so glad we didn’t have a fire!

posted by IanMak | 3 years ago

Same thing happened to me lots of e-mails and text messages reminding me of the installation and then no show! Now trying to contact Scottish Power by phone (30 minutes so far). Very disappointing.

posted by ScotishPower1 | 3 years ago
No show at mine as well

posted by monza | 3 years ago

Waited  2 weeks for an appointment. Had to stay in all day 0800 till 1700 no engineer turned up! After emailing to say how furious that nobody turned  up, got a very poor  apology and a new connection date for a week later which was today. Waited in all day again and again no show!😤 is there any way I can claim compensation, this is pathetic service, not recommended and the customer service is a joke I’ve been waiting 42 minutes and still never got through!

posted by JA | 3 years ago

I have a phone to say they would like to come and fit a smart meter. I wasn’t keen they said everyone had to have one I agreed to let them come and do this. I arranged the day off work on the 3rd June. Had serval emails to remind me of this appointment but no one showed up. I will be looking at changing suppliers ASAP as feel this is poor service:-( very annoyed and disappointed 

posted by Jonnel | 3 years ago

@JA Several people on here have said they've also lost earnings by taking time off for a smart meter fitter that never turned up. They haven't said how they've got on, but if you raise a complaint you might get any out-of-pocket money refunded, or at least credited to your account.

Other people might say you've had a lucky escape NOT getting a smart meter fitted. Let's leave that one out there....

posted by bobwhisky1952 | 3 years ago
Once again the Scottishpower smart meter installers have failed to turn up. This is the second time i have wasted half day waiting for them .
i now want to know because of their unreliabilty , how soon can i get rid of them . I have only been a customer for about 2 months.

posted by Fishcake | 3 years ago
Exactly the same has just happened to me