Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Sowerby | A week ago
Re: Smart Meter installation when one is already fitted form a previous supplier
I asked the same question of Scottish power sales about 4 days ago and was advised I can get my old Smets1 meters changed to smets2 as my ihd is broken and so signed up up for a change of supply

posted by currieman | A week ago
Re: Smart Meter installation when one is already fitted form a previous supplier

Smart meter with EON was around £3 -4 per day with Scottish Power it's gone to £15-20 per day 

obviously not compatable so turned it off 

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@currieman   The Display (not the meter) may not be compatible with SP's tariff but the meter readings in kwh and m3 should still be correct so they will help you to keep an eye on power usage.

posted by currieman | A week ago

Is it a button on the meters if so which one ?

posted by Davc | A week ago

@currieman   Your hand held Display will show meter readings in kWh and m3, it is £ values that are not correct.

Your actual meters will also display meter readings, if they have a number pad press 9, if not experiment with the buttons that are there.  The meters themselves only record kWh or m3 (electric and gas respectively) There are no £ money values on the meters  It is easier and more convenient to get meter readings from the hand held Display   The Display is not a meter, it gets data from the actual meters and tries to calculate £ values but often gets the money values wrong