Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: Smart Meter not working - abysmal service
If your old meter really did not record at all they will estimate the use and start again with the new meter.
What was your installer doing fitting a meter that did not work?

posted by DaveD | 9 months ago
Well I suppose this is the rush to get people onto smart meters, They are employing people with less than adequate skills to do the job.
I would try the route of "you couldn't install a piece of kit to do the job therefore it's your fault and you take the hit" might not work but you might get a discount!

DaveD
Highlighted

posted by pauline100 | 9 months ago

can anyone tell me how to take a gas reading from a new smart meter that has not been commissioned because of the incompetence of either the installers Amey or Scottish Power. I was told all I had to do was press a button but I do this all I get is a row of 00000000000 so does that mean I owe 0, and yes I do have the electric meter too but I can read this one help

posted by DaveD | 9 months ago
Oooo that machine Has it got a centre dot button? If so press . If you don't get a reading then get the boys back.

DaveD

posted by hqaid | 9 months ago
Thank you. I've decided to go to Eon today I can't afford £4.50 a day on just electric it was only £1.50 a day so I know they are overcharging me because of gaseyer not working. I've been putting candles on. I don't trust them now at all. I agree I'll argue my bill with them later they won't look at my complaint till it is resolved what a load of rubbish.

posted by andyhatessm | 7 months ago

Smart (?) meter installed March 2016, gas meter has never worked. Got ombudsman involved and got 

a £50 good faith refund. Tried to put a manual gas reading  in today (20/03/2019) and it wont allow me.

I am £400 in credit, putting gas manual reading  worked until today.

posted by Knutty | 5 months ago

It is not very encouraging to come here and find so many problems.

Having spent 4 months trying to get incorrect information into the Scot Power system, We had a Smart Meter installed today. We had daily reminders by text and email concerning the imminent installation engineer's visit. However, Scottish Power forgot to set things up at their end, so there is a problem with the "Meter Flow".

The installation engineer showed me the results of the communications test. Failure at the Scot Power end. It also would not let him undo the installation. I contacted Scottish Power (by webchat), and was told we will be contacted by email in 5 days time. What poor customer service in addition to rubbish procedures!

We think it is time to write to Scottish Power top management, and when we get no reply, we will write to Ofgem.

One of the reasons we have stuck with Scottish Power is that their Customer Service was so good. It is now awful, you can't get them on the phone and the people on webchat can't do anything and they can't phone you back to organise a date to get it fixed.

Any other suggestions on what we can do to wake them up?

posted by carol1708 | 5 months ago

Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday.  Installer was extremely efficient and polite and fitted the new meters quickly. However, he was unable to leave me the In-Home Display as he could not connect the meters to the online system as "it was down at Scottish Power's end - this happens all the time".  So I will have to wait for another appointment for this and to get the In-Home Display.   To add insult to injury I then get an email asking me to rate the installation  - which I can't do because the link doesn't work!    Not the first time I have had problems with Scottish Power meter installations.  Absolute shambles!

posted by RogerA | A month ago
I am trying to find an address I can write to. Any clues would be useful.

posted by carol1708 | A month ago

Four months on and I am still in the same position, waiting for my display unit, despite escalating the complaint.  I was a promised a phone call yesterday to let me know when it would be delivered, but if course there was nothing.   It will not surprise me if, when I do eventually get one, that they won't be able to commission it yet again because 'the system will be down'.   This company is an absolute shambles.