Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Smart Meter

posted by jsmart | 2 years ago
I have had an email asking me to give meter readings even though I have a smart meter. The letter even ironically suggests that I woulD be better off with a smart meter installed. I believe that the smart meters I have installed are not fit for purpose. I was promised no more need to send readings and the advertising suggests that I would not end up with large amounts of credit on my account currently running at over £300. This has been the case for over a year. My fixed rate has been changed again now increased to £107.00 and the other fixed options are even higher even though I am always in credit. I would like the option to only pay for what I use but that doesn’t seem to be an option? The fact that I am powerless to do anything other than switch is very irritating. I would like to contact Scottish power by e mail but the only option seems to be phone and when I rang I was told that I’m not the only person with the smart meter that isn’t smart - like that is a solution? I was also informed that if I switch I may not get a company that could read the smart meter. Today I received a request for reading and discovered an actual reading supposedly taken from the meter which was completely incorrect.
2 comments
Highlighted

posted by annmaggs | A month ago
Re: Smart Meter

I have a smart meter but have been asked to send meter readings by email

Highlighted

posted by annmaggs | A month ago
Re: Smart Meter