Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by shenda | 6 months ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicator d
Re: Smart meter display unit is not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicator buttons don’t come on at all.
Please help I’m going crazy !

posted by voxish | A month ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing current usage
I’ve had the smart meter installed for about 6 months and it’s worked fine. For some reason it has stopped working. Constantly rebooting, all lights on then ‘welcome to your energy monitor’ then a couple of screens of ID codes then ‘waiting for current data’. I’ve tried turning off and on, turning router off and on etc etc.
Is it hardware, networking or software?

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicat
@voxish. It’s very common right now, due to firmware upgrades of the meters. Be patient they will put it right one of these days.

Re: Smart meter display unit not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicat
If it’s a known issue, why has it happened and are other people affected?
Or has the firmware update borked the unit?

@voxish   Yes a lot of people say this, it seems to be hard to fix with so many meter and display types in service. Truly borked I guess. 

Left it overnight and it’s finally working.

If it’s a firmware update, the delivery clearly hasn’t been tested properly!

posted by kal22 | A month ago
My smart meter was installed in May 2019 and never worked, my bills are still estimated. Given up emailing and ringing them now. Terrible service.

@kal22   Terrible service they should send back the installer. If it was happening to me I would read the meters and send in the readings to correct the estimates. No good just hoping for the best. 

posted by Yorkie5685 | A month ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing current usage
We had smart meters (Smets2) installed around 6-7 months ago. The gas one showed up straight away but the electric didn’t. We were told umpteen different reasons why but we’ve still not got a reading on the in house display unit. Waste of time installing it as we still have to manually read the meter and Scottish Power aren’t interested!!

@Yorkie5685    A lot of the displays have gone wrong, we all have to wait for upgrades. However if SP are not getting your meter readings and you send them manually you need to ask SP to send the installer back to properly commission the meters. That is a serious fault.