Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by Yorkie5685 | 4 months ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicat
They’ve never been able to access the electricity readings. They blamed the installer, the installer said it’ll come on in time. I’ll try getting in touch again, cheers
Highlighted

posted by Yorkie5685 | 4 months ago
Re: Smart meter display unit not showing my electricity usage and the green orange & red indicat
They’ve never been able to access the electricity readings. SP and installer both blame each other. I’ll try contacting them again, cheers
Highlighted

posted by Kit | 3 months ago
I have got the same problem. SP failed to retrieve the gas and electricity readings from the smart meters which were successfully installed outside my house more than a year.
Recently, I had called the Help Desk twice yesterday and sent emails to complain the issue in January 2020. It is disgusting that SP only said that they had received my emails and followed up the matter thereafter. Basically, SP did nothing but simply made empty talk.

A staff member of SP told me that the issued could be solved if SP replaced my old black and white display unit with a new colour display unit. Up to the very moment, I am still waiting for SP's reply and the free colour display unit.

I want to say that I have never come across a company with such poorest customer service.
?????

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 3 months ago

@Kit   To be clear about your problem, if SP cannot get readings from your meter it has absolutely nothing to do with the sort of display unit you have.  The display unit only gets data from the meters locally in your home, it does not send any data to SP. The electric meter does all the readings  transmission, this would work correctly even if you did not have a disaplay unit.   So if you complain you have to be clear what unit is not working, is it the meter or the display?

Highlighted

posted by davidwf | A month ago

you have instructions.....wow....all we got was the damned thing plugged in and left...Smiley Sad

After constantly pestering me for over 4 months we finally succumbed and had one fitted over a week ago (electricity only) After around three days of doing nothing at all it started displaying the wattage but no pricing/cost detail....over a week on and it's still the same

I tried e-chatting  to SP on my mobile app which  resulted in nothing  more than what appeared to be an automated reply saying that if we would like a smart meter to contact ...blah.... blah.....after over 20 minutes of zero response despite constant prodding I terminated the conversation as I have better things to do in my life. This happened twice

To say I am pi**ed off would be an under statement, they constantly badgered me adding that it was a legal requirement to have one installed (not so) and also that I would benefit hugely by doing so - again not so - we use what we use, we dont willfully waste it, we dont willully leave things turned on that dont need to be, we have LED bulbs fitted to every single light in and outsde of the house (which are going to take years to pay-back the cost) and no silly little display is going to change that!

I am not happy

Highlighted

posted by davidwf | A month ago
how did you manage to email them?.. I havent found an email address yet
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@davidwf   You are right, the displays are only to show a rough idea of usage, they often show false cost data and they can be turned off and ignored without losing any meter reading  data transmission.    Smart meters were advertised using the  benefits of displays, but the real effect  will be when variable costs by time of day are brought in.  Smart meters are an international global programme to manage electricity supply and demand.