Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter fitted in February but usage still not showing in my account

posted by Brucefan | A month ago

I had a smart meter installed in February but the usage still does not appear in My Account. I phoned SP in April to query this and the fact that my direct debit amount had changed without any notification. From that conversation my readings were retreived and a bill was created. I was also assured that the problem with my usage appearing on My Account was resolved but it still isn't. I phoned again in May and was told that there was an issue with my online account and it would be rectified but my usage is still not showing.  This month my direct debit amount has been changed again without my knowledge - albeit it has gone down but I prefer to have some control over this as I thought I would with a smart meter. I was more in control of my account before the smart meter was installed as I enterered my readings monthly and had a bill created monthly.  Can I go back to enterting readings on line or will this just create more problems?

12 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | A month ago
Re: Smart meter fitted in February but usage still not showing in my account

You can enter you own readings, many people who have smart meters do this for one reason or another. You will then generate an up to date and accurate bill.

posted by dersonik | A month ago

It is not possible because all readings on web ap and phone ap has been reseted to 0000000 and you are not able to add this.

posted by Davc | A month ago

OK I think I can help. Go to your meters and note their readings. ( you can also take a reading from your IHD if you have one). Ring 0800 027 0072 and ask to input readings. You can also input through your online account, not the App, the internet account using an internet web browser. Your problem is that the App is not working, but I guess the meters are working and so is your internet account.

posted by TommyB | 4 weeks ago

They know about this problem and have no idea when their technical team can fix it. This is affecting large numbers of customers. They are fobbing off customers instead of telling them the truth (in my experience) Please see their communication to me below and they call this customer service. I spoent three months on the phone and multiple emails and they couldn't even call me personally with this poor response at the start of June 2018. (Still not resolved)

Shocking and unneccessary service and wasting their own employees time and mine

Dear Mr ****** Thank you for your email.

I have received an email from the smart team today. A fault has been raised with this technical issue regarding the data not being updated on the app and website. This is an issue that is affecting a large number of customer not just yourself.

Regrettably we do not have a restoration time on when this will be fixed but if you keep a check on the app the data will appear when this issue is fixed.

I am unable to keep your complaint open indefinitely as this is a known fault that this is being worked on and we hope to install all the customers that are affected as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

posted by RW | 4 weeks ago

A smart meter was fitted on 29 November 2017  and I wrote to Scottish Power on 29 December 2017 stating that none of my usage was available on the online system. The message shown was “We’re having trouble reading the consumption from your smart meter. We’re working hard to get this fixed. Please try again later”.

I logged on today 21 June 2018 and was met with exactly the same message.  This is totally unacceptable!

My advice is don’t have a smart meter fitted since the information available online is far less than when I entered the meter readings manually.

A lady from Scottish Power rang me  in February 2018 and said that they are receiving my meter readings and there was a temporary problem with the system. Come on Scottish Power you can do better than this.

I’m thinking of reporting this to the Ombudsman. My direct debit is still being deducted at £138 per month, whereas my smart meter indicates a usage of around £80 per month and my account is £127 in credit.

if this isn’t sorted by the end of the month I may move to another supplier. I’ll certainly think twice before signing up for another fixed price tariff with Scottish Power.

We are being fobbed off.

I am sending my meter reading in online today. But thought that is one reason why I agreed to have a smart meter? In any case, as I stated above, Scottish Power have confirmed  that they are receiving my meter readings, so what is the problem?

posted by ngarcia | 3 weeks ago
Smart meter fitted in Novembre and still not working

I rang a few times to scottish power and they keep giving me other telephone numbers but nobody sorts my problem. I can´t see anything in the smart meter and today my gas bill has increased  280 ‎£!!!! In the hottest month of the year!!!

HELP!!

posted by JayS | 2 weeks ago

I had a smartmeter fitted last year, but I still get emails recommending I apply t have a smart meter fitted!

I still get estimated gas bills but not Electric..... and when I rang Scottish Power, they gave me a number to ring.  I rang it only to be told that they only covered the Midlands area - I live in Dorset!

I was given another number to call.  I was told that there was a software update being carried out on smart meters and it would take a 'while' to start reading correctly. This was several months ago!

My smart meter seems to generate random numbers.  My daily useage has varied from less than a pound to several pounds per day. I don't believe the numbers generated, but if the current ones are correct. I shouldn't be paying £80 a month Direct Debit.

Scottish Power - I am not impressed!

Seriously considering changing provider once my tie in is up.

posted by PatriciaA | A week ago

I share your pain.  We are in exactly the same position. I have always paid my bills by DD and have NEVER been in arrears. Now due to not so SMART meters I am paying £93 a month.  We have gas central heating and water but everything else is electric plus we have solar panels so over£1100 a year for a 3 bedroomed house is ridiculous.  I have had so many conversations with different people who quote so many different reasons but it is the SMART meter not proving readings. If I had been told I would have provided readings. Scottish Power are at fault but don’t care.

posted by marley | A week ago

I had a smart meter fitted and thought this would solve the problem of taking meter readings.  Every time I remember to check on this site (which isn't often!) the display gives a number of days since the last meter reading (now 37 days).  It certainly raises some questions to ask before switching next time...