Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter fitting apointments

posted by RUBEN1964 | A year ago

If I do decide to have a smart meter fitted can anyone tell me if SP offer weekend installation appointments as I am not taking hoilday from work for the *pleasure* of having one fitted. Also are the time slots offered reasonable and do engineers turn up/stick to the times given? Again I am not wasting my week end waiting in if on the whole the appointments are not adhered to.

5 comments

posted by  Eilidh | A year ago
Re: Smart meter fitting apointments

Hi @RUBEN1964, currently we do not offer weekend appointments, however, it is something we are looking to introduce in the future.

posted by kcq9 | A year ago
Dear SPower After numerous request to install a smart meter, I booked an appointment online with the next available date of 7 weeks. Appointment date arrive and I took the time off from work only to be told by the engineer he was unable to install the smart meter due as an electric cable was screwed on to my old meter. He said I needed to have this moved to the side (a job that would have taken him 5mins). However he was unable to do it and as a result unable to install the smart meter and furthermore unable to give me another appointment date. Having rang up to enquire about a new appointment date I was told none was available on the system. Should I move to a competitor who is able to provide me with an appointment or be hopeful about scottish power.
Highlighted

posted by Amanda74 | A year ago
I got phone call about smart meters. I have to book installation

posted by ChrisB62 | 5 months ago
I've been waiting 2 years for Scottish Power to fit a smart meter and am thinking about changing companys to see if I can get them fitted any quicker

posted by Jonnel | 5 months ago
@ChrisB62 Just a word to the wise. If you change supplier to get your smart meters and think you might want to change supplier again in the future, it would be best if you made sure your next firm fits a SMETs2 meter, not one of the older ones or you'll find yourself in the same boat, with a non-smart smart meter.

I have serious doubts the infrastructure to resolve the 'changed-supplier scenario' for SMETs2 will be in place and working any time soon, let alone a fix for the 'upgraded dumb-smart meter scenario' of the SMETs1 generation.