Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter installation fiasco...

posted by UKDJ | 4 weeks ago
I wonder if SP staff monitor or respond to Posts on this 'Community'?

I was recently contacted (for a second time) by Lowri Beck about SM installation...
I called them back and explained that SP/LB attempted to install a SM over 12 months ago, but because I live in a flat the 2 meters can't communicate by wifi - 1 meter is inside the flat and 1 is outside, downstairs. Unless the technology has improved, they are wasting their time visiting...
Today I received an email from SP, saying I have REFUSED to have a SM installed! The email has no 'Reply' option...

I am pretty angry...!
8 comments

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter installation fiasco...

Hi, You are right SP don't monitor this site routinely, you can alway complain directly to them and say your property is unsuitable, not a refusal.

The Smets 2 meters are said to have a more powerful local signal and therefore better for flats like yours.

posted by DaveD | 3 weeks ago
Hmm the cynic in me thinks this has something to do with the government audit trail for smart meter installation. They will have been given the money for your meters a year ago but it hasn't been signed off.......

DaveD

Top answer

posted by DaveD | 3 weeks ago
PS contactus@scottishpower.com is the email address.

posted by UKDJ | 2 weeks ago
Thanks DaveD, I will try that email address...

posted by andychuter | A week ago

We had smart meters installed on the 2nd October and they have not worksed since then. We have reported it numerous times, only to be told it will be sorted. WE have not had a bill since and been fobbed off with we will use an estimate bill and smart meters are compulsory by law. 

Terrble service

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago
Hi Andy. Smart meters are not compulsory by law. The law says you have a right to refuse. You need to send in a manual reading to avoid estimates. The meters will be recording even if not transmitting

posted by HelenSB | 5 days ago
I've submitted my meter readings this time but SP say they're too low and are treating them ad estimates. They won't respond to my complaint so I have no idea what to do. I refuse to have a smart fitted until I'm assured they know what they're doing!

posted by Jordan7846 | 5 days ago
andychuter - same boat except i haven't had a bill since April 18 and no one at Scottish Power can do anything except refer me to "the correct team". Fuming because when I leave in April this year they will expect me to pay all charges immediately I would imagine; a years worth of energy!