Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Bill38 | 10 months ago
Re: Smart meter installation issues

I have come to the conclusion, that Scottish power does not know how to tell the truth. Namely that they are not able to install smart meters at this present time. so why not say so . Scotish Power are not up to the task, they are hopeless. I have been waiting since May, when the installer could not get Scottish Power to commission the electric meter. So he left without installing the gas meter. I am losing confidence with Scottish Power and wish i had never had anything to do with them. I am not even sure that they will get my consumption correct because the old electric meter was removed from my house and they have not yet registered the reading . Can they be trusted to get it right? I am not confident that they can.

Highlighted

posted by elleffsea | 6 months ago
our balance on the 13-4-2016 was £95.01 my balance today is £2437 we have made payments between these dates with proof too of £3646 now i am not a stupid person and i can clearly see we are owed over £1200 i have gone through all my bills all my bank statements they are saying that 3 owed over £6000 and the payments we have made still show us to owe over £2000 i live in a 3 bedroom house with my daughter dont use hardly anything and are not there alot of the time now i can find no debit or bill stating we originally owed ove £6000 we applied for a grant in 2016 as we had fell in to financial difficulties we where awarded a grant and left us with a £95.01 debit we have a debit now of £2437 and have paid them £3646 they owe us also all meter reading are Smart meter readings no estimate and we have no debit of over £6000 at any time really causing stress this issue
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

@elleffsea   Sorry to hear that. It sounds very complicated, I think you need to take your papers to Citizens Advice and ask for their help. It is very unusual to have such large amounts owing/ in credit. 

Highlighted

posted by JerryC | 2 months ago
Engineer come to fit SM after waiting months, unable to fit Electric meter after 2 hrs because of low connection . since his visit SP stopped asking for readings for a while. Then had a email ''thank you for having a SM fitted'' phoned and told them no SM fitted , have had monthly payments going up after I submitted readings. locked onto bills have got 2 electric meter serial numbers , 1 my own old meter still in my home and a SM serial number, paying extra for SM not installed . SP looking into it What a joke
Highlighted

posted by JerryC | 2 months ago
No very good service from SP was told I did have a smart meter fitted but the engineer was unable to commission it and refitted my old one back, but still got bills with two serial numbers on , the operator on the phone said I should look a the meter again as it was a SM, i said not with dials and a wheel going round