Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by donnahedge | 9 months ago
Re: Smart meter installation no show - any contact numbers?
Booked an appointment to have a smart metre fitted today between 11 & 3 ...turned down overtime at work because of it & nobody has shown up! I got pestered with emails & phone calls to book an appointment & have been bombarded with calls & emails to remind me about the appointment too! I’m livid!

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Nope, Sorry you can’t report a no show except on the general number. I suppose eventually the installer will contact you again but don’t wait in unless it suits you.

posted by paulstokes17 | 9 months ago

Took a day of work to have a smart meter fitted today , after numerous text s , emails and even a phone call to remind me to be in ,,,,, slot booked 12-00 pm - 16.00 pm  and guess what , no one turned up !

and after waiting nearly 45 minuets on the complaint line , guesse what ,, no one answered . !!

Tottaly disgusted with Scottish power , will be moving suppliers asap !!. 

posted by Hickers | 9 months ago

Don't forget that under the Standards of Performance Regs if engineers do not turn up, or are not adequately equiped for the job as they should reasonably understand it, the customer is entitled to £30 compensation for each failure.  Where the £30 isn't paid within 10 days (from memory) a further £30 is due.

The regs for reference are The Electricity (Standards of Performance) Regulations 2015 and I would encourage anyone having issues with engineers to raise a formal complaint with the supplier at the earliest opportunity, stating the regs and requesting compensation.  Once the complaint has been in place for 1 month it can be referred to the Ombudsman.  In my case, I received £260 compensation from E.On, but had to fight them through numerous soul-destroying customer service calls, followed by a referral to the Ombudsman to receive compensation. 

posted by Tomjacster | 8 months ago
Like everyone else, I had booked for 19 Sept after repeated communications for me to do so. Took the day off and waited in all day. No one came! Had emails since congratulating me on my installation which shows how slack SP are!
Tried to call CS a few times back in Sept but I refuse to be on hold for longer than 20 mins. Why can't they provide alternative means. It is 2018/19 after all.
Anyway, no compensation, no smart meter and no one from SP has been in touch. All this and a 10% price increase from Apr 19! About right...

posted by DarkDorset | 8 months ago

A complete waste of  space so I am off to new supplier  . Meter and cables eaten by rodent  had tails replaced at my cost needed the meter replaced decided to go smart  tried now for 6 weeks numberous calls,  engineer booked for today  had call at 08;45 no smart meter  have sent photos  begged  borrowed  witchcraft  . I cannot deal anyore with SP . Goodbye SP 

posted by MagsNic | 7 months ago

We've had 2 appointments to have our meter changed cancelled now. Our current meter is a weird one (it has 3 separate readings - day, night and heating) and seems to be incompatible with all other energy suppliers. We really want to change suppliers, as we are paying a ridiculous amount for our electricity, but until our meter is changed we are completely stuck with them.

Is there a way of getting our meter changed by someone other than Scottish Power, as they keep cancelling? 

The first time we were told we were entitled to £30 compensation for the cancelled appointment, but this money doesn't seem to have appeared. Is it true that since they have not paid this within 10 days we are now entitled to another £30? And does this have to be paid into our Scottish Power account, or could we receive a cheque or bank transfer (we plan on switching supplier as soon as the meter is changed, so do not want money sitting in our Scottish Power account)? 

Any help would be much appreciated, as we cannot afford for them to keep cancelling!

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago
Best plan is to give up on SP smart meter, find a new supplier and get them to fit the Smart Meter. BG use their own fitters and do a good job.