Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter power usage

posted by fayess | 5 months ago

How much energy does the smart meter use if I have to have it plugged it in all the time?  Is it like leaving there tv on stand by? 

20 comments
Highlighted

Top answer

posted by Davc | 5 months ago
Re: Smart meter power usage

The IHD uses about 5-10 watts, if left on a week it would burn 1 kWh, about 15 pence. You can unplug it and put it away, it is only there  to help you see what the meters record, but they work correctly without it.   It is not a smart meter it is only a monitor. It does not transmit any information. 

posted by yabadabado996 | 5 months ago

hi there, my account number is16059088361 mr williams 6 argyle road weymouth, i have looked at the graph of my usage for duel fuel for march till feb. can you give me my usage in kilowatts for the year for gas and electric please.my e mail as you no is meanmanmo@yahoo.co.uk thanks mo williams.

posted by Davc | 5 months ago

Hi, no need to give personal details we are all customers on here. Your annual kWh usage is printed on your bill, page2 

posted by Johnstep | 4 months ago

Why does my IHD keep making lots of beeping noises? Does this often

posted by Davc | 4 months ago

IHDs beep to warn you that you have exceeded a budget level.  Set all your budgets to a very high level and the beeping will stop.

posted by SomersetBob | 4 months ago
Or turn off the audio in settings.

posted by Suzie | 4 months ago
I've just had mine footed. They said 30-40p a year.... mm wonder if they were guessing?

posted by Jules55 | 4 months ago
My monitor has not worked for 2 months now and neither Scottish Energy or the installer will help get it back on, the installer refers me back to SP who tell me to turn the monitor off, take it to the electric box and switch it back on to re-calibrate it . I have done this about 20 times now but it still won't work, I am disabled and cannot keep doing this as mobility is bad what should I do ?

Also, I applied for Warm Home discount last November and still heard nothing , I got it in December last year but SP just say it can take up to March to get it but if it's not paid by then do I miss out on it ?

Thanks

Julie

posted by Davc | 4 months ago
Hi Jules. Turn off the monitor and put it away. WHD is paid by end of March but your application might have been unsuccessful so better luck next year.