Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Davc | 9 months ago
Re: Smart meter power usage
Oh and also Jules you have to apply again each year for WHD. Did you apply for 18/19 ?

posted by Jules55 | 9 months ago

I applied for WHD in 2017 and 2018, I am disabled and I got it in 2017 but heard nothing this time yet

posted by Preciouscargo19 | 8 months ago
It also gives off harmful radiation. Keep it off!

posted by SomersetBob | 8 months ago
No it doesn't

posted by Davc | 8 months ago

You are correct Bob, there is no danger from IHD monitors,  let's hope Precious never goes near a mobile phone.

posted by Preciouscargo19 | 8 months ago
Unfortunately you are misguided, I have seen the RF readings when tested.
Yes I use a mobile for texting etc, rarely against my head.

Hi Precious, you really should not worry about radio signals from IHDs, they are very weak. We are surrounded by radio signals, to name a few; TV and radio broadcasting, wifi routers, mobile phones, doorbells, security systems, remote loudspeakers. The Zigbee 2.4 GHz frequency used by the IHD is not recognised as dangerous. If you turn off the IHD your meters will still try to contact it by sending signals.  The IHD itself sends out no data and only needs a brief handshake with the meters in order to recieve data.  Of all the devices in homes today an IHD probably has the lowest radio output.

The meters themselves give out a Zigbee signal , and communicate with the supplier by mobile phone connection. You may have become concerned about smart meters through reading American warnings; in their systems they sometimes use high powered radio signals that have been criticised.

posted by scbubb56 | 8 months ago

Just has a meter installed.  While the kWh usage seems ok, the calculated costs are way out.

Any ideas what would cause this.

Hi schubb the costs on the display are a well known error, it has been discussed a lot in the community. SP are working on a fix. 

One final thing schubb which you might not know. The display unit can be unplugged and put away, it does not send any readings, the meters do the sending.