Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter problems

posted by Pear81 | 3 weeks ago
Hi all, so I’ve topped £20 today - No confirmation email and no sign of the top up on my electric account or smart meter! I spend an age trying to get through on the phone to SP but to no avail, eventually, I spoke to someone via web chat who confirmed there was a “mass Issue” and it was being dealt with!? That was 4 hours ago and still no sign of anything!? Has anyone got this problem? I’ve tried to find a report of something online, but nothing! I’m not far going off supply and I’m off on holiday in the morning leaving my 20 year old potentially without power….he simply wouldn’t know how to sort this himself nor would he have the time!!
Someone - Please help!!! :-/
18 comments

Top answer

posted by Annibelly22 | 3 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter problems
Been sat in darkness for 2 hours have a baby and a disabled child. This is absolutely horrific

Oh my goodness!! Absolutely NOT acceptable! You poor things!! Smiley Sad
What gets me, is there are no signs of reported issues, no apologies on any social media platform, nothing on the websites, we’re completely left out of any updates! Fuming is an understatement! Went on to smart meters because we were promised our lives would be simpler in terms of topping up our gas and electric and so far, we’ve only encountered problems….BUT this one takes the biscuit!! There must be someone on this community that can update us? At least give us a time scale of when it’ll be sorted!? I too have a disabled child and darkness is a major trigger for him, we’re not far from going off supply….really isn’t acceptable!!!

posted by Annibelly22 | 3 weeks ago
Exactly that. I didn’t want a smart metre it is disgusting that they just leave with no support western power can’t do anything because it’s a metre fault I’ve literally been in tears for hours

Yeah I called 105, spoke to a very lovely who said she was so sorry but she couldn’t do a thing for the same reason, she also said I wasn’t the only one to call which was some constellation!! Have you had money taken from you too but no top up or confirmation email? That’s what’s frustrating also, taken the money but I see no power!! I feel so sorry for you!!! I hope this is sorted ASAP, how many more people are in the same boat? I’m south of England and you’re western so this problem must stretch the whole country…..which bugs me even more that there’s no updates or even an apology! Absolutely disgusting service!!!

posted by missnay36 | 3 weeks ago
I've also topped up 2 times today the money was taken from my account but its not showing on my meter and also no receipts or emails. What should I do

It’s frustrating isn’t it!! When I spoke to someone on web chat earlier, they confirmed there was a mass issue but that’s all they could tell me and nothing since! Nothing anywhere of what’s going on!! The more people that come on here and express the problem the better I think! I think we all deserve a massive apology, being left like this just isn’t acceptable! I think I’m going to complain to the Energy Ombudsman!

posted by michaela | 3 weeks ago
Hi I have had them same thing I have rang and rang different numbers for past 5 hour and got nothing it a joke

I tried ringing for a good few hours earlier today, to be cut off due to high call volumes! It’s not good enough is it! I mean how many more are sat waiting or sat in darkness with a baby and a vulnerable child like the other lady!? No explanations, no apologies, no nothing!!??

posted by HannahBance | 3 weeks ago
I topped up online this morning and was told something wwnt wrong.....To be charged twice and nothing went on my meters. I was on the emergency and have been out of electic for 4 hours. Literally sitting in darkness. Chest freezers full or human and dogs food. Been calling since 12 to be told high call volume, call back later. All of there emergency numbers are useless as don't deal with smart meters. No one contacts back on the bot crap and no resolution. I will be cancelling once this is done and I will be getting my money back for ruined food.