Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by HannahBance | 3 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter problems
Had this since midday and now in darkness. Charged me twice and nothing on meter

posted by Gillian31 | 3 weeks ago
Had exactly the same problem today. I've tried to top up 3 times via the app, 3 £10 payments have been taken from my bank account but no top up on meter. I'm now left overdrawn in my bank account and going into emergency credit on smart meter

posted by Pear81 | 3 weeks ago
I think Scottish power have a lot of apologising to do and that’s just for starters! The stress this is causing people, the duplication of payments that we’re not needed, the people left in darkness, the loss of food, the suffering children and animals!! All because of sheet incompetence and the lack of communication! If we knew this morning that the day would end up like this, we could of at least made allowances for it!! Absolutely shocking! I’ve a right mind to go to the National papers, they’d have a field day over this!!! I’m thinking of you all, at least we know we’re not the only ones, not that that’s much of a consolation!! Xx

Honestly am thinking the same. The sheer incompetence and ignorance. Any loss of food etc they will be paying for. This is not the first time this has happened. It happened once before but thank god at the time I had money on so wasn't as bad. Today I was on the emergency and topped up. Duplicate payments etc etc and darkness. What a joke. Not even a response from the bots or even a call

Has anyone heard anything? Or had an email or anything from Scottish Power?

posted by DavC1 | 3 weeks ago

@HannahBance   Hi I've been reading these problems there does  seem to be something wrong with the computer top up system.  SP don't work at weekends, no customer service and I doubt any IT service.  SP don't read this forum but it has been useful and reassuring that many have had the same problem and know that it's a big problem which should get sorted urgently. . There is nothing the forum can do for you.  In the future try to avoid going to low credit at the weekend because there are no emergency services after mid day on Saturday.  Sorry for you, I hope you can go to a relative while you have no power at home. 

posted by PaulaD | 3 weeks ago
I topped my smart meter yesterday with £15 via the app, it has been taken out my bank but nothing is showing on my smart meter or the app. I never got a confirmation email from Scottish power with my URN code apparently that’s a receipt code or something, I have no idea what to do know as I’m not topping up again. If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn’t have got smart meters in the first place.

posted by Keith15 | 3 weeks ago
Hello, I'm also having problems with topping up. Can you still go to the shop and scan the barcode on the app and then put in the utrn no into the meter.

posted by Shaymen | 3 weeks ago