Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Hooloovoo | A year ago
Re: Smart meter readings not showing on my account

@DavcYou do seem to post a lot of incorrect information on here.  Set frequency to "weekly"?  The options are either monthly, daily, or half-hourly.  I found the the half-hourly option doesn't seem to work at all.  Setting to daily does at least show vaguely up to date readings on the "submit your readings" page.  When I've tried the half-hourly option it doesn't seem to update at all, ever.

@finCome on, give them some credit, they are "working hard to get this fixed"!!  And have been for months now ... one day maybe we will see our usage online ...

Personally I find even with a smart meter it's still best to manually enter your meter readings once a month, since this forces the generation of a PDF bill.  There's no need to wait 90 days or whatever for it to happen automatically, and only then find it's all wrong.

posted by Davc | A year ago

Hi Hooly, nice to have somebody new providing answers, keep it up.

posted by Cecilia | A year ago

My last reading from smart meter was the 20th March.

My online account shows the same message as other users: "We're having trouble retrieving the consumption from your smart meter...."

Is my account somehow blocked? and why?

Thanks

Read the thread above and set your smart meter to update daily, once a month is not often enough.

I checked my account and it was "daily"
I have changed it to half hourly, see what happens.

posted by fin | A year ago

How do I change how often my smart meter does readings

posted by Speigal | A year ago

I can't see how changing frequency will make it more likely for the Smart meter to communicate. Smart meters are a ery expensive mistake and many of the firs generation ones do not work requiring manual entry. We are all paying for them on our bills. Nice work for the company who  installs them but no help to Scottish Power or their consumers. Mark 2 version meters are apparenty better.  

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Smart-Meters-is-this-a-super-con/td-p/1411059

Hi Speigal, nice link you found and it does seem the smart scheme has a lot of problems. You query whether changing from monthly to daily would help. If everything works well monthly should be good, but if your monthly reading fails due to a weak mobile phone signal it will be another month before it tries again and your account will not be updated. At least daily readings stand a 30 times better chance of getting through each month. 

To change the frequency go to "Edit my details" page
Highlighted

posted by TommyB | A year ago
Just been emailed by Scottishpower and told there is a technical issue with smart data not being transferred customers accounts that cannot be resolved at the moment
They say as it is a known fault affecting a large number of customers and as such they are closing my complaint without a resolution in sight.
This is a scandal and I am escalating to Ofhem
They asked me to keep trying from time to time in case they manage to fix the issue.
Tommy