Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter readings

posted by MarDan | 4 weeks ago

I recently switched energy suppliers to Scottish Power. I already have a smart meter installed. How can I see the readings that are taken by Scottish Power on my online account? With my previous supplier The daily readings were available to see online and download as csv.

10 comments

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter readings

@MarDan   Sadly the answer is that is not possible with the SP system. The app tries to do something like that but recently has failed and become corrupt.

Please do let us all know which supplier gives daily updates and csv downloads, we would all like to know.

posted by MarDan | 4 weeks ago
@Davc Robin Hood Energy. Their available to view data is one day behind but is available for (in my case) since the account was started.

posted by Davc | 4 weeks ago

@MarDan   Thanks for that information, we often get asked if it is possible to get a csv of meter readings. It is not possible directly from the smart meters in the house, but energy companies can choose to offer it back to customers and this is the first confirmed example of a UK company giving such a service. SP have not announced any plans and obviously have enough trouble running a conventional service for their 5m customers.

posted by Francis | A week ago
I think my main meter is a smart meter but I don't have the small one that tells you what your usage is can I get one
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago

@Francis   Maybe the previous owner lost it. SP can send a new Display but it has to be paired to the meter by an installer. Ask customer services if you really have a smart meter before you ask for a display. 0800 027 0072

posted by James1000 | A week ago
Hi my first time here, I'm not sure what to do exactly, I have my iHD telling me what my usage is but it's not showing in my app what I am using. Its reading my electric but not my gas usage.

posted by Davc | A week ago
James. You are lucky your Display is working. The app has gone wrong recently and is not getting updates. It might all settle down next week. Try it later.

posted by James1000 | A week ago
Ironically I thought this thing would save me money on my energy but so far its costing me more than I anticipated. Is anyone finding this issue?

posted by Abijo | A week ago
I have recently signed up to scottish Power with a tariff that requires a smart meter. I have been informed that the reception is not good enough here for them to make an appointment to come and fit a smart meter. I am being threatened with letters from Scottish Power saying they will put us onto the standard tariff if we don't get a smart meter fitted. I cant send them an email, it just bounces back. The link to send an email just puts you through to community discussions.....