Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart meter

posted by Johnboy20002002 | 4 weeks ago
We had our smart meters installed 3 wks ago the problem we have is we can top up electricity through app we cannot top up gas we have barrcodes on letter for gas electricity we used them the money went straight to electricity we got another barrcode result money went straight to electricity is there a way to get gas topped up the app and barrcodes are hopless
5 comments

posted by DavC1 | 4 weeks ago
Re: Smart meter

@Johnboy20002002    SP says

Once you’ve downloaded our free app, you’ll need to register a debit or credit card to your account. You’re then ready to top up via the app. Simply select the ‘Top Up’ icon on the home screen. You can choose between gas and electricity and decide how much you want to top up – the minimum amount is £1. Your credit can take up to an hour to appear on your meter. Find out more about topping up here.

Full instructions are here

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/energy-efficiency/smart-meters/prepayment-guide

We have registered card but we can only pick electricity we have had 2 barrcodes to scan and they go straight to electricity we need to get a way to top up gas before it runs out

@Johnboy20002002   I cannot check because I am not on PAYG, but the instructions say that you must select elecricity or gas on the App before you put in money.  You don't need barcodes if the App is registered to your account, the App only needs the details of a credit or debit card.  So you need to turn on the App and select gas before doing anything else.

Hi it was just showing up electricity just now but I have been on chat with scottish power they have put the account on just now but it still shows no data and it can't be topped up as yet

@Johnboy20002002   That's good news, maybe the app needs to be left overnight to get the latest downloads from SP.