Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by Mave | A month ago
Re: Smart meters SMETs1 or SMETs2?
Iam new to this and have booked a smart meter for next week. I was hoping i would get genuine readings and no high bills. I really hooe reading all the coments on here and other sites i dont end up with higher bills than iam allready paying. If yout not happy with them can you get them uninstalled does anyone know? Tia

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Mave   The smart meters record kWh units exactly the same as the previous meters. However some people get bigger bills because a history of estimates is suddenly corrected.  You should look closely at your bills and see if you have had estimated readings. Also check the closing and opening readings carefully and write them down when the installer comes.

Insist the installer makes your Display unit work, and also shows you how to take manual readings from the new meters in case there is a problem making them work correctly.

posted by Janach | A month ago

My smart meter was installed just over a year ago.  Do I assume it is only a SMET1 and therefore likely not to work with other suppliers.  Would like to add that readings have been accurate and not a problem .

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Janach   Yes you probably have smets1 but don’t worry, they will all be upgraded so they will work with any provider. Maybe sometime in 2020.