Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by tonystaf | 8 months ago
Re: Smart meters

I have just moved to Scottish Power on a fixed term contract. I am now been threatend to move to a standard variable tariff if I don't have a smaprt meter. Wish I hadn't moved to a company that uses blackmail.

Highlighted

posted by Pattie | 8 months ago
That sounds easy to you but I am nearly 70 also not in good health.
Highlighted

posted by Pattie | 8 months ago
My gripe is why have been annoying their customers about having smart meters if they don’t work. Surely get the product working and tested before you annoy us. Plus you keep making appointments and keep cancelling the the appointments SP please get your act together and stop wasting our time. .
Highlighted

posted by Hotnet911 | 7 months ago
Smart meter has stopped connection to its mobile network. Think engineer said its connected to vodaphones network. Can anyone at SP pm me?
Highlighted

posted by dee2 | 7 months ago

just sign up for new deal with scotish power.

in welcome email i have received this disturbing sentence below:

Remember, if you don't get a smart meter installed ScottishPower will need to move you onto our Standard variable tariff.

can scotish power do it and move me to standard tarrif without accepting smart meter please?

any legislation about it?

thanks

Highlighted

posted by Davc | 7 months ago

@dee2   It is not very customer friendly is it. You have the right to refuse a smart meter and they have the right to set tariff terms, so it is up to you to accept or not. This meter change thing is inevitable so we all have to accept sooner or later. 

There is no problem with smart meters if they work correctly, but often they don’t and people don’t know how to manually read them, or ignore them and get estimated bills. 

Highlighted

About 50 million smart meters are to be installed, the latest figures are 15m Smets1 type and 2m Smets2 type.  Smets2 can be used with any supplier, Smets1 only for the installer, but they will be switched to any supplier some time in 2020.  The process has been a lot slower than expected.

The scheme is only just starting and there will be more pressure to accept them in the coming few years. 

They make it easier for customers to have correct bills, but when they do not work correctly they cause problems of missing readings and estimated bills. They are harder to read manually than conventional meters because the customer often  has to press buttons to see a reading. 

Highlighted

posted by mec | 7 months ago
over a year after having second generation smart meters, the gas one still hasn't been commissioned. SO, Scottish Power, what was the point???????
Highlighted

posted by mec | 7 months ago
probably like my gas one, not been commissioned by Amey, the installation company!
Highlighted

@mec     Good point, there is no excuse for installers leaving a job half finished. Make sure you read the gas meter and send in the readings or your gas bills will be estimated.