Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standing Charge and £/kWh on IHD

posted by DHogg | 3 months ago

The standing charge and pence/kWh on my IHD are incorrect.
They are still showing the Tariffs that applied until Jan 2018 when I switched to PowerUp.
How do I get the IHD to show correct charges?
ie The Tariff I should see is the Tariff that applied when I bought my 2x6 month packages

5 comments

posted by Davc | 3 months ago
Re: Standing Charge and £/kWh on IHD
Hi Dhogg, I have the same PowerUp account that you have. My bills also tell me to switch to an Aug 2017 deal. We know it’s wrong, they also tell me it would be cheaper to go off variable PowerUp and buy packages although I have always bought 6 month deals. In spite of this rubbish I am pleased with PowerUp. Don’t expect it to turn up on your IHD though, that is really hoping for too much. PowerUp is still not open to new applicants and I am hoping they do not completely abandon it.

posted by John_S | 3 months ago

I'm not on PowerUp, but I have the same problem. I moved to a new 2 year fixed tariff in June, but the standing  and unit charges have not updated on the IHD. In fact, I'm not even sure that they updated when I signed up for a one year deal in June 2017. Does anybody from ScottishPower read these boards, or should I contact customer services?

Hi John, SP may read these comments but IHD tariff updates are another known problem, so don't expect too much. We all wish the SP IHD would allow users to update their tariffs, but it is supposed to happen remotely from SP, although it often does not work. The SP IHD seems to be a very basic early version and the newer colour multifunction IHDs from other suppliers look better.

posted by John_S | 3 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Davec. The IHD is pretty useless if the tariffs don't get updated. I might try phoning customer services, but they probably won't have a clue how to get the update done...

Highlighted

Top answer

The IHD still gives you a rough idea of costs, and will show you when expensive appliances kick in. It will be accurate for kWh as you know.