Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Three Phase / 3 Phase SMETS2 Smart Meter Installation

posted by Tiger | A year ago

Hi, when will Scottish Power be able to supply and install SMETS2 Three Phase Smart Meters?  How can we get this installation booked? We live in Hertfordshire. Thanks.

6 comments

posted by Davc | A year ago
Re: Three Phase / 3 Phase SMETS2 Smart Meter Installation

Hi, Smets 2 for domestic supplies has been promised for 2018 but no sign of it yet. Three phase supply is for Commercial properties I think and I don't know anything about smart meters in your situation.

posted by Tiger | A year ago

Thanks for your reply Davc. This is for a residential property that has a 3 phase supply. Could someone from Scottish Power get in touch with us please?

posted by Davc | A year ago

You will need to ask them, they do not respond to this forum, 0800 027 0072.

posted by Tan | 3 weeks ago
I have Three Phase in a residential property too. Smart meter doesn’t work with Three Phase as of last year. I don’t know if there is any update on this but I booked an installation and the engineer arrived and said that he can’t install to a Three Phase supply.

posted by Davc | 3 weeks ago

@Tan   This seems to be an unsolvable problem, the smart programme apparently is aimed at the domestic market so does not cater for three phase supply.

posted by Tan | 3 weeks ago
I think you’re right. Smart meters don’t seem to be considered for larger residential properties. I have a fairly large house, so had to have theee-phase put in, but there must be thousands of similar and much larger homes that cannot access the Smart Meter technology too. And surely commercial properties would benefit too from the information?