Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by grahb | 4 months ago
Re: Waiting for Smart Meters to be Commisioned
Have you ever tried to get in touch with ScottishPower it’s like calling the queen no reply at all disgusting. Service

posted by Marko333 | 3 months ago
Re: Waiting for Smart Meters to be Commisioned

I have a similar problem whereby the electricity meter was commissioned but the gas meter wasn't in Feb 2019.  As a result Scottish Power send me an e-mail each time the bill is due to ask for the meter readings.  I rang them in May to ask why I needed to provide manual meter readings, and they weren't aware that the gas meter wasn't transmitting data.  I was advised that this would be sorted, and 10 weeks later I'm still waiting.  Rang them again today and I should receive an e-mail in 2 weeks advising what will be happening. It appears that Scottish Power haven't built into their system that if a smart meter isn't returning readings that this should be flagged up as an issue which needs to be sorted.

The IHD I have stopped talking to the meters after 2 weeks so I've unplugged it and I don't use it anymore.

I couldn't find anything on the Scottish Power web site on how to read the meters manually, and they were going to get a person to ring me to explain how to read the electricity meter.  As I would have to provide security info to a person I don't know ringing me to tell me how to press buttons, I asked them not to bother.

Gas Meter Manual Reading - Model UNIFLO G4SZV
The meter has three buttons in red marked A, B and C.
Pressing any of them will display the total usage - make a note.

Electricity Meter Manual Reading - Model ACLARA SGM 1311
I have a Economy 7 smart meter (I was advised that when it was installed) and taking readings from the electricity meter is as follows:

1. Press button A - "Total Import" screen is shown (basically the total usage to date)
2. Press buttons A+B together - "Date" screen will appear
3. Press button A - "Time" screen will appear
4. Press button A - "Total Export" screen will appear (zero value as I don't have solar panels)
5. Press button A - "Standing Charge" screen will appear
6. Press button A - "Current Active Price" will appear
7. Press button A - "TOU Rate 1" screen will appear - day rate usage - make a note of this
8. Press button A - "TOU Rate 2" screen will appear - night rate usage - make a note of this
9. No need to press any more buttons as "TOU Rate 3" to 8 will follow along  with "Mode of Operation" Credit Mode.

I hope this helps you and anyone else out there who is having s similar issue.