Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallbox

posted by cockingg | 6 months ago
9 comments

Re: Wallbox
I have just had a wallbox fitted to charge my new electric car.
It supposedly has Bluetooth connectivity to my iPhone so I can control when and how the vehicle is charged. The Engineer who fitted it was not familiar with the Scottish Power app, and couldn’t help me with making a connection. The S. P. Chatline couldn’t help. Has anyone got any tips on how to get my phone to recognise the Wallbox. I have done the usual rebooting of the Wallbox and my phone, and reloaded the app. I have also tried the Wallbox app with no joy. Beginning to think I have a Wallbox with Bluetooth not working.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

I don’t know about your system, but have you turned iPhone Bluetooth on and looked to pair it with the new system?

Yes
I have tried all the normal ways of pairing with a Bluetooth device, the iPhone and my iPad don’t see the wallbox as a Bluetooth device. I have no problems with pairing to headphones and my car.

posted by Davc | 6 months ago

Hmm   You need to go on line for instructions about the Wallbox. Maybe it only activates when the car is plugged in?  Sorry I can’t help more. 

It isn’t particularly clear on the Wallbox website, but I will find out when the car arrives on 4th March.

posted by cockingg | 4 months ago

By way of an update, the wallbox has finally been fixed. apparently the sticker on it with the serial number that allows you to pair with the app, did not match the actual serial number of the unit. It is now controllable from the app and I can Schedule charging to happen between Midnight and 5.00 AM at 4.674P per KWH rather than the 15:578 I was paying previously. It did take 8 weeks to sort it though!

posted by kinker | A month ago

Hi there

I read your post re connection of wall box to iPhone. I too have a similar problem. I entered the  Serial number and Unique ID. It now shows my wall box commander icon but when I try to open it I get “the command is not supported”  it then tries to sync but it won’t because  my phone won’t find the blue tooth pairing  for it. Anyone any ideas. Engineer should have done this but was running late as it took him longer to install than he expected.

posted by Jonnel | A month ago
@kinker I would have thought if pairing and commissioning were part of the installation package and the installation package wasn't completed, it would be the responsibility of the installer to come back and do it. I wouldn't have signed off his chit if he hadn't done what he was contracted for - I hope you didn't either.

Call him back to finish the job.

posted by cockingg | A month ago

After many failed attempts and many wasted hours on the phone with various people from Scottish Power, they eventually got someone from Barcelona to ring me(This is where the Wallboxes are made) and they partly solved the problem. They asked me to download and install the Wallbox app and pair it with my Wallbox ( only possible after we established that the serial number on the sticker didn’t match the one in the unit, but I doubt that you will have this problem) once you are paired with the Wallbox through the Wallbox app, you will then need to upgrade the firmware and software using the settings icon. This is not possible through the Scottish power app, Once this is done I found that both the Wallbox app, and the ScottishPower app are able to sync and program when you charge your EV.

All of this should have been done by the Electrician who fitted the Wallbox, but clearly they have not been trained on how the software in the apps work.

I still have issues with the Scottish Power app in that it doesn’t record charging activity as advertised, but thankfully the Wallbox app does. I am sure I will need this record to challenge my first electricity bill on the EV tariff which I have been waiting for since switching in March. Reading other posts on these forums it seems that Scottish Power are unable to produce bills which charge the 4.7P/KWH for charging the EV between 24,00 and 05.00. I am sure the Ombudsman will be involved at some point in the future.