Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted by drgl | A month ago
Re: Why is my smart meter electric only? (New build)
Well that's a load of lies! Most houses have an earth bond to the gas pipe even though they are not required (plastic supply pipe). The bond should be on the pipe prior to or just after the meter. At least you got a reply. Still waiting here. In the mean time British Gas (my old supplier) have taken £300 out of my account. It seems all energy suppliers sre useless.

posted by Nick50 | 3 weeks ago
Lack of Smart meter

Good afternoon all.

How disappointed am I? Booked afternoon off work, an engineer arrived, was told he could only do the electric and not the gas,  he fitted the electric connection. I then waited another hour to be told that I couldn't have one at all!!

Have been speaking to customer services for the past 2 months for them to get it sorted, with no luck at all. All they have been saying is that the company will be in touch to arrange a time to fit the smart meter. They then have the cheek to send mails about me having to submit readings!!

Another month has passed and I have got no further with the fitting company or Scottish Power. 

This has to be the worst experience I have ever had with a utility company, they weren't the cheapest but they promised so much!!!

I will give it till the end of next week and then I will be searching for another supplier!!! 

I will also be warning other possible customers of the poor standards of service they will be getting!!

From a very angry customer about the whole situation......

posted by Labman | 3 weeks ago
Re: Lack of Smart meter
Well I've been toying with installing a smart meter and as we've just installed a new central heating boiler this has put me right off ....

posted by Stu7120 | 2 weeks ago

We it seems nobody has got a gas reading. Scottish Power is useless so Im changing my supplier and I suggest you all do the same!!!!

posted by Sheff | A week ago

My smart meter has never worked since it was installed either

Scottish Power helpdesk is non-existent.

We are still waiting on  ar refund for being double charged for maintenance AFTER we stopped it !

Complaint handing is also non existent

I only stay with SP because they handle my solar power input. There is no easy way to transfer this to another provider.

posted by Davc | A week ago

@Sheff   Hi, Did you say SP have your Feed in Tariff account? If so it is separate to your energy account and if you switch supplier the FIT would stay with SP. All FIT tariffs are set by Ofgem and there is no benefit in switching them so there is no machanism for doing so. Go ahead and find a new supplier for your fuel.