Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

posted by johnyjm | A month ago
Re: Why is my smart meter electric only? (New build)

had a new meter put in but it only kept signalling every 2 seconds so the gas upgrade was not done. as soon as technician left it is now 5 secondes between blinks but how do i get the gas done now or after the virus thing has finished,

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@johnyjm. Smart meters do not normally pulse or flash. Some meters blink a red light the speed depending on how many kw are being used. Connecting the gas would have no bearing on the light flashing, but it may be your gas meter is too distant from the electric meter to connect. Probably your electric meter is working correctly Did you get a home display unit?
Highlighted

posted by Dodo | A month ago
Re: Why is my smart meter electric only? Old house

13 August 2019

4:00 PM electric Smart meter fitted but connection down so fitter left without leaving anything but office would be in touch.  NO!! 

RANG and was advised  it would  be  dealt with.  NO!!!

Further attempts have proved useless!!!!

Had text "IN Criccieth" please arrange for us to install Smart  meter

I DESPARE.  I AM SICK OF WAITING FOR WHAT ?  INFORMATION .  Monitor? Locked in but phones are working.  Thought I was on special list having health issues?  FYI  as I am isolated and bored

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago

@Dodo   From what you say the fitter could not get the meter to connect to SP, that is why he needs to come back, nothing to do with having a display unit.  Meanwhile you should be reading your meter and sending regular readings to SP, something for you to do if bored ?   Press the button on the meter to make it show a reading.