Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wrong Meter Reading Entered

posted by krispykreme | A week ago
I entered the wrong meter reading and I don’t know how to correct it. I tried calling but their normal customer services is shut cause of Covid-19 and you should only call their emergency if it is in fact an emergency and I wouldn’t class this as an emergency so does anyone know what I should do/how to fix it?
11 comments
Highlighted

posted by Davc | A week ago
Re: Wrong Meter Reading Entered
@krispykreme. Try putting the reading in again, if it does not work check how many units wrong it is. A small mistake can be ignored. The system will not accept a very big error.

posted by Cla | 6 days ago

I have the exact same problem, I entered the worng meter reading (for a big number it warns you, but it does accept the number) and now there is no way to change it back to the real one. On the phone they say they are closed (I called just after 3pm) and they recommend to do it online but this seems to be the only way to contact them.

Highlighted

posted by krispykreme | 5 days ago
That’s the issue I’m facing. And it’s quite a big number yet it has been accepted. I cannot contact them through the chat servers because they’ve disabled them. And like I said, I don’t want to call their emergency number as I don’t see this as an emergency. But I don’t want to be charged an inane amount for a small mistake. I called around the same time as you (just after 3pm) but they said their customer service is closed and you should only contact them on their emergency number. Any recommendations on what steps to take next?
Highlighted

posted by Buddyd | 5 days ago
Same here I'm wondering if it's an error on there system!!! Certainly dont want over £2000 taken from my account! Anyone been able to fix?
Highlighted

posted by Emiliaovidia | 5 days ago
Real reading enter is 0000743.6
Because my bill is 305.00 for electric ist too much... please check whit my first reading Whit last.end send me one new bill whit my real . thank you...
Highlighted

posted by Davc | 5 days ago
If you have 5 boxes on the meter reading screen you should enter 00743. Try and enter it again.
Highlighted

posted by Emiliaovidia | Yesterday
Please call me for explain...
Highlighted

Highlighted

This is correct 0000748.6 this is really reading....IMP R01