Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

missing smart meter

posted by kris | 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. i have a smart meter setup but recently my smart meter has gone mising. i think one of the pets may have knocked it in to the bin. not quite sure how to go about gettin a new one to replace the old. 

3 comments
Highlighted

posted by  Eilidh | 2 years ago
Re: missing smart meter

Hi @kris, our customer service team should be able to help you with this, i'd suggest you give them a call on 0800 027 0072 or email them via this webform link https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/contact/email.process?execution=e1s1

Highlighted

posted by ALarkin | A month ago

I had gas and electric smart meters installed yesterday, but was informed by the engineer that he didn't have an independent  hand-set available as they were waiting for the equipment to arrive from Scottish Power.   When I rang and spoke with SP Customer Services, I was initially informed that they hadn't heard of that before and then after having a converation with their supervisor told me I wasnt eligble for the independant handset and would have to wait a further 2 years for an upgrade !   The only option available to me was to download the app onto a smart phone and basically get on with it  !!    The supervisor refused to speak with me on the phone, after initally being told that there wasnt a manager or supervisor on duty !!!   I've also attempted to complete the SP follow up survey but it wouldnt allow me to submit negative feedback.  A complete nightmare - I'm seriously considering switching energy providers, after that dreadful converation last night.   I wasted an hour of my life on the phone to SP Customer Services who made it quite clear they couldnt give a hoot !  

Highlighted

posted by Davc | A month ago
@ALarkin. All smart installations get a hand held monitor called an IHD. To be told you don’t qualify is utter rubbish. Unfortunately only the installer can turn on your IHD and pair it with the smart meters, so you have missed the opportunity now. Take this up as a complaint, it is clearly bad the way you were treated.