Welcome to the community
Simply ask, learn and share
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart meter installation cancelled

posted by Carlielouisepor | A year ago

absolutely fuming today, my other half has taken a days holiday to be at home for Smart Meter Installation (booked 12-4) the Amey engineer arrived at 3pm, noticed it was raining and said that he couldnt fit the meter as our current ones are outside, and left.  Surely knowing that it is raining it would have been sensible to check before arriving wether the meter could be fitted? a quick call to ask where our meters were based? why are appointments being booked for something like this in the Spring when in the UK its raining at least 50% of the time.  

nowhere on any confirmation of appointment or videos sent to us or the website did it state this would be a problem, Now the engineer has left without sorting our meter, or booking a new appointment, I live in Leeds and its expected to be raining here for at least the next few weeks and i have already waited over 2 months for this appointment to be available. 

how do I go about arranging some form of compensation for the missed hours and booking a new appointment, will I now have to wait until June to get another email with limited availability to then have to book more time off work?

RUBBISH CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM AMEY AND SCOTTISH POWER

1 comment

posted by edv | 9 months ago
Re: smart meter installation cancelled

Totally f**king hopeless.

Scottish Power cancelled my 95 year old father's smart meter appt yesterday, at 330, ie half an hour before the window closed.

this was the THIRD time.

Cancelling the account TODAY